WELCOME TO THE TVM MEMBER BLOG

Suggestions are welcome and contributions encouraged.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Elgean Land Confederation?

This is an entry dedicated to the MMORTS game called Illyriad. I played it with continuing interest for about 6 years. It is a fond memory now (though the curious can still play).

In Illyria, land has always been a point of contention. Choosing spots to settle or move a town to is filled with choices and fraught with obstacles. The continental customs, while minimal are often vague and difficult to understand. Many alliances have guidelines or requirements for this activity, however individual alliance land claims have often been scoffed at by the larger alliances.

Witness this GC exchange by a couple of the more respected vets of the realm:


Sunday, 29 April, 2012
[02:44]<Kumomoto> To your point, RMY, I think that Illy will become much, much more warlike as our space and our resources run out...

[02:45]<Kumomoto> As the GMs (eventually!) add naval and pathfinding, I think we will devolve into basically medieval structures...

[02:46]<Kumomoto> And you will see almost every alliance of every size claiming a part of the land

[02:47]<Kumomoto> And it will be theirs and if anyone messes with it (like in real life) they will have to be run off...

[02:47]<The_Dude> [02:44]<Kumomoto> To your point, RMY, I think that Illy will become much, much more warlike as our space and our resources run out... ||| It already has shown movement in this direction

[02:48]<ScottFitz> completely agreed TD, I have been saying that for a long time

[02:49]<ScottFitz> The conflict will arise from competion over available resources

[02:49]<Kumomoto> But if I were in a leadership position in any alliance, I'd be completely focused right now on what "our land" will be when it all settles...

[02:50]<ScottFitz> We are doing that Kumo as are most of the major alliances

[02:51]<Kumomoto> And I just think that it is fair that everyone starts thinking that way...


Claiming land in Elgea is gaining acceptance. The idea is clearly being debated within the halls of Harmless? and the Crow Confederation.

The process of claiming land in Elgea is undefined. There is no single organisation where an alliance can submit a claim to be reviewed, accepted and recognized by the community.

2 comments:

  1. The ELC has faded away. Apparently this is not how land will be governed in Elgea. Since TradeV2 went live "might makes right" rules the day, which is ok by me. I have my mines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ELC has faded away. Apparently this is not how land will be governed in Elgea. Since TradeV2 went live "might makes right" rules the day, which is ok by me. I have my mines.

    ReplyDelete